Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:18-21



Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Random List.

1. My thoughts on the Bikers of Portland: Who do you think you are? I mean seriously. You are confused almost all of the time. The thoughts that run through your mind follow as such, "Am I car? Am I a bike? Am I a 28 year old single male that chooses to wear furry leggings and own a green bike? Am I an older slightly overweight woman wearing spandex because that is what my trainer said I should do to avoid chaffing?" Your decisions are as follows: deciding not to signal when turning into oncoming traffic, weaving recklessly with your little biking buddy on a 35mph road and then yelling at my car because you can't control you've forgotten that my vehicle will actually kill you and your vehicle will slightly dent mine-just bringing the value down.

2. Some random comments from my British Literature class that have been quite pleasantly deposited into my brain:

From Wuthering Heights, a morbid love story from 1847:
"Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! you said I killed you-haunt me then! The murdered do haunt their murderer. I believe-I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always-take any form-drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

From the Narratives of Olaudah Equiano, a converted christian in the slave trade:
"I have often seen my master employed in reading; and I had great curiousity to talk to the books, as I thought they did; and so to learn how all things had a beginning. For that purpose I have often taken up a book and talked to it, and then put my ears to it, when alone, in hopes it would answer me; and I have been very much concerned when I found it remaining silent."

3.I'm in this book study on Wednesday nights at Solid Rock. We're reading Tozer's, Pursuit of God. And I have to text google like every other page because he uses words that I don't understand. And because I think it's fun to learn new words and not use the same ones that have been stored time after time, I'm going to share some of them with you. You don't have to thank me, I'm just doing my part to make the world a more intelligent sounding place. (I mean, it just feels like, in the midst of...)..... ok so I didn't bring the book to the coffee shop, so nevermind. Enrich yourself on your own time.

4. IT HAPPENED. In the seven years that I've been doing childcare I've seen a lot of little kids fall and get bumps, cuts and the occasional bite. But I've never had an emergency situation. Until Thursday evening. When a little tyke decided to run in the classroom (even though I've told him at least a hundred times not to), promptly trip over his own toddler feet and bouncing headlong into the corner of a cabinet, splitting his forehead open to the bone and getting a sweet harry potter scar that was sewn together with four stitches. Poor little guy. He made it through though!! With flying colors, no concussion and was at school the next day. Here's the battle wound, Cause I'm sure you all want to see.

If you're wondering why his jacket is on backwards, it's cause he won't ever leave it on and zipped up. So I put it on backwards. You really learn to pick your battles with two-year olds. AND don't mistake my love for this little one, he's my favorite in the class. I'm going to miss him so so so much.


3 comments:

Jessie Dale said...

By the way I can't wait to hear more about the new job! I'm so excited for you. that's all. (oh, and i thought you loved the bikers?)

Lorelei said...

Welp, spare the rod, spoil the child... or in this case, spare the stuck out foot, spoil the child with an unmarked noggin'. Love you and talk to you tonight!

erika_glenn.kara said...

oh oh. that wuthering heights quote is so heart-wrenching! i hate heathcliff and catherine! but its also not entirely their fault for being so horrid! ugh! that quote though - omg - it is just too powerful!! i love it.