Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:18-21



Saturday, October 4, 2008

dumb bumper stickers.

In my life I have seen some very ridiculous bumper stickers. Here are some of the many. I know you have some in mind. Please share.

1. "My dog shops at Nature's Pet". Ok I realize at first, this doesn't seem that dumb. However, I was behind this person the other day and was thinking to myself, No ma'am. your dog, does not shop at Nature's Pet. YOU shop at Nature's Pet. A dog is not capable of making it's own decisions on what to buy to keep him "natural", let alone is he able to handle money. BUT, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and let's just for a second, pretend that he does shop at this store for his dietary needs. I guarantee that your bumper sticker would not say, "My dog shops at Nature's Pet". It would say something like, "My dog is a prodigy and I'm making millions off his budgeting skills." And it would probably be lined with diamonds or something, and you would most certainly not be driving a mini-van. I'm just saying, your dog.... doesn't shop there lady, you do.

2. This one is most certainly not funny. It's quite sad and I feel like gives our culture such a terrible reputation. It makes us look so disrespectful and careless with life. Anyway, it said, "Just say no to sex with pro-lifers." There are so many things wrong with that statement. I can't even begin to dissect it. I'm not going to try either.

3 comments:

Lorelei said...

The COEXIST one with all the different religious symbols always gets me going. It's the perfect picture of people's ignorance and pacifism, which, if we all remember correctly, is what aided the death of six million Jews and many, many others at the hands of the Holocaust. Ultra lame. There's just no way to 'coexist' with different gods running one show. It's gonna end badly.

Jessie Dale said...

That dog one is funny. perhaps even VERY funny.

joann boswell said...

How 'bout this one: "End petlessness. Visit your local Humane Society."?