Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:18-21



Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Just so you know....

Really this is just so you know that I am not avoiding you, that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, or am ungrateful for you all in my life. I promise I won't ever thank you via the internet for presents again! I actually have all of your thank you notes, in my computer bag ready to be put in envelopes and mailed, I just have not had the time to do so. So I'm very sorry for not writing you sooner, but thank you all, grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, and all you wonderful people that are in my life, but just not "in" my life due to geography or time in general. This is what my days consist of literally, there are no margins.
Monday and Wednesday: Work from 7-3; Class from 3:15-7:25. There is one hour in between all of these things that I spend in the tutoring center, because I am not very good at math. These days I usually drink a lot of americano's and just pray for grace to not fall over.
Tuesday and Thursday: Work from 7-3; study or camp out in the tutoring center from 3-6; Church from 7-9
Friday: Work from 7-3; and homework usually until 6 or 8 depending on if I have a test the next week.
Saturday: I have the morning free and then ministry from 2-6 then church( I usually don't make it to this service though) from 6-to whenever I usually spend time with friends.
Sunday: is a homework day and a bible study day and whatever else I can fit it.

My roomate/amazing friend is getting married, and I have been chosen to be the maid of honor. Which turns out is a lot of work. But also has been a lot of fun. I've planned two bridal showers and a bachelorette party, a toast, and all kinds of crazy tiny details that go into helping her with whatever I can. It's really been great to walk with her in this season, but next time I do this I won't agree unless I'm out of school. It's been intense!!

We have company staying with us until the wedding, and are supposed to be out of the apartment two days after the wedding. My plans for housing fell through this week, so that has been a test of trust with God, but He is moving I'm sure of it and I'm so grateful.

All of this on top of normal everyday life, needless to say is exhausting. But I'm really learning to find the quiet place with Jesus and rest in His peace, it's a constant process, but I refuse to just lie dormant. I want to grow closer to Him and tough spots are great opportunities to do so. I'm not complaining in any of this. I just want you to know that when I say I'm busy, I really am. I love you all.

Here are some pictures from my life as of late:
This pretty blond girl will be my new roomate , her name is mekenzie and she just so fun to be around, and I love how much we laugh!! oh we laugh!! and that is my favorite thing to do!! This is us at a coffee shop in sisters just reading the word and loving life.We found the sequence button on our friends camera, and did some awesome photo shoots in Sisters, yeah it's what we do. and it's so great!
This is four out of six of the bridesmaids and the bride in the Arlene Schnitzer (sp?) Concert hall. We went to see comedian Jim Gaffigan. He was so funny!! but mostly I was laughing at the incredibly drunk man behind me who was laughing so ridiculously loud it was piercing my ear drums. And then halfway through, he stopped, I looked back only to find him passed out in his chair...that was a little sad. Being drunk made him miss a really great show. sad.

This is us all ready to go out on the town, in front of Hotel Lucia! It was such a beautiful hotel! and our room had a down comforter and featherbed, oh it was so great. Poor katie had to sleep on the floor though, because we are poor girls and had to cram all of us into two double beds. what a trooper!!

I'll write more later!!
Love you all!!

No comments: