Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:18-21



Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ahhh. All is right.

Well. I think it's safe to say, that I live in Portland. A year has gone by. A whole year. It is wild. Truly wild, as Jessica would say. I am a different person than I was a year ago. I wish I could go month by month and tell you of all the things that I learned. But... let's face it. I have a horrific memory. So I'll just give you a quick 1,2,3.

1. I've learned about long distance relationships. Sweetly and surprisingly what I feared the most, didn't happen. I still have rich relationship and adore all of my close friends from back home. I miss them just the same, but it's now a tiny ache that brings joy to my eyes and heart. Seeing Facebook and blog updates reminds me that I still miss that I won't get to see Liv grow everyday and that I can't sit in Jessie's art studio and watch her paint all the time and that I can't help strip the cabinets with Lindsay or address wedding invitations with Tara. Those things, you just wish you could be there for. Your loves, your life, your family, is always missed. It's a seesaw of balancing emotions, and I'm right in the middle :)
2. I've grown into my relationship with the Lord. In the real way. It looks so incredibly different from when I was an intern at the church, and when I was first out of the giant christian bubble of CMC, and even from when I very first moved. It's approachable and honest and I'm challenged constantly.
3. I am an ever growing jam jar of security. You really notice where your comforts and securities lie when you move completely out them. And you get to constantly build with Jesus. And that has been soooooo good for me.

I love you all. Here's to another year!!

No comments: