Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:18-21



Saturday, January 3, 2009

Noah.

I read Genesis five and six today. And I just want to know Noah. And these verses are the reasons why.

“Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless man living on earth at the time. He consistently followed God's will and enjoyed a close relationship with Him.” Gen. 6:9.
AND
"Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him." Gen. 6:22.

Mostly because He enjoyed a close relationship with God. He enjoyed. He enjoyed relationship. He enjoyed relationship with God. And I just wonder what that is like. I wish I could say that I always enjoy my relationship with God. But unfortunately... that's not the case some of the time. Eventually it will be. The closer I get to God, the more I see how ridiculous I am. And the more that I let Him lay foundation, the more I see how much He cares for me and that makes me fall in love with Him. Falling in love with God is a very interesting thing. How can you really fall in love with Him? He's giant. He's the Creator of the universe, more important than the president or the richest man in the world. And if you take their importance and magnify if by a million, you wouldn't even come an inch close to God's importance. And so... as much as I can't imagine falling in love with the President or Donald Trump... Sometimes I feel similarly with how I would approach loving God. I know that isn't the case. But it's like an unspoken mindset. That I would love to be broken. Thoughts on verses to take that one on?

From what the verses above say, I would assume that His consistent obedience to God's will was the key. Because if you're obedient to what God would have you do, then you pretty much fall into the category of righteousness and blamelessness. But now, we add Jesus into the mix. Because we can't all be Noah. How did he do it? I mean, really? How did it go down? He was the only blameless person on the face of the earth. Even now... I think that it doesn't matter all that much. Because if I found Noah, in all his glory, and found his life plan and his journal of practical applications, would it really matter? Then I'd be following Noah, instead of Jesus. But I still wonder, what he would've been like, I'm excited to meet Noah.

No comments: