Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:18-21



Saturday, April 5, 2008

for the late risers, or out-of-towners :)

"For I have said, Mercy and loving-kindness shall be built up forever; Your faithfulness will You establish in the very heavens [unchangeable and perpetual.]" Psalm 89:2

When I'm watching the sunrises and being
filled with the silent calm of morning and remembering the verse above I realize that I am watching God establish His faithfulness to me. This is not a slight thing. I mean let that thought sink in. God draped His fingers across the skies this morning so the clouds fell just so and breathed light into them tinting them just right, creating a masterpiece.
God proved Himself faithful again this morning. As if He had to? As if I needed more evidence, as if anyone does. As if He needed to show me that He would still be there, consistent and steady. Faithfulness is one of the most attractive character traits to me. I serve an attractive God, the kind of attraction that draws you in. Faithfulness draws you in. Sunrises draw you in. I love them, I love the faithfulness of God.



Since Jessie made me take the picture of her and I off, I decided to put another one on, just for fun....
this was my attire the morning of this particular sunrise. I know what you're thinking, Why isn't this girl married yet? I mean any hotter and she just be too hot! I know folks, it's a question I ask myself daily...


3 comments:

Luke & Kristin said...

Look at you blogging, like REALLY blogging.. like SO many blogs in such a short period of time ....................................................
oh sorry for the pause, I was wiping my proud tear away.

Jessie Dale said...

Here's the thing about coffee... it's good no matter what! Make it at home, nice and comfortable and drink it in bed under a down comforter... or have some at the church after a service... take a mug down to the beach and drink it during sunset... I can't wait to have coffee... even if I have to grind the beans in a blender. Oh, and you KNOW I'm getting the mocha! Maybe even multiple mochas! coffee. can't wait.

Lorelei said...

Thanks for considering the out-of-towners. I love your blog and your new "Crazy Cat-Lady' look. You'll have to teach me that when I come home. Cinco de Mayo!